Monday, July 8, 2013

Creature Feature


Oh, how I love Summer. I've had some time off the past couple of days and I'm enjoying the Summer slow down.  Everything literally seems to move in a slower motion. I love sitting on my porch swing, watching the neighborhood, breathing in the deep fragrant scent of the linden flower trees blooming, and counting my blessings.

My beautiful nieces were in town from Germany this past week for the Fourth of July. I love and miss those girls to death.  Sophia, the oldest, is the smartest child I've ever met and has the manners of a princess.  Bianca, only three, is a total wild child.  Jason and I joke that she was raised by wolves. She's the one to watch out for when she gets older.  And Aryanna, or Ari as we like to call her, is just six months old. This was the first time we got to meet her.  She was born in January, and neither of us had been able to visit until now. She is the sweetest tempered baby ever.  It breaks my heart that we miss so much of them growing up while they are living over seas.  They are coming back in the Fall, thank goodness.

In the meantime, I have been busy bike riding, barbecuing, swimming, and working on my illustration portfolio. Here are some images for you black cat and baking lovers. Enjoy your July!




No comments:

Post a Comment