Tuesday, September 17, 2013

An Emblem of Luck






Fall is starting to creep in around these parts. As I have said before, I feel a bit mournful when the seasons change. On one hand, I am super excited for the coming Fall: butternut squash soup, carving pumpkins, apple pie, the bright colors against the gray drizzle of a day. But not completely ready to say goodbye to Summer.

I got some new shoes, they're a buttery soft suede in a beautiful coral. I took a walk to the nearby arboretum and found an acorn tree.  I love acorns, so cute, but also considered to be an emblem of luck, prosperity, youthfulness, and power. It also represents spiritual growth.

I've been needing some growth lately. I'm in that spot where I wish I could do my artwork full time, but don't know how to get there. I know that I need to work harder...I fully believe if you keep at something long enough, it will happen for you. But sometimes I lose focus. I get inspired to do one thing, and then the next moment to do another. And sometimes it makes me create things that I actually don't like all that much, and I get frustrated. I need to remember that it is okay to play, that everything doesn't need to be an amazing finished piece. One must just keep at it and not fear it will fail.  I have to trust in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment