Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day




Happy Labor Day! And September... This past weekend was the annual Corn Festival in my town. For many years, the festival was always downtown.  But in recent years, this festival was always out at some far far away airport, and I must admit, I never went to it once.  But this year the festival was moved downtown again I am happy to say! It was nice to see the community out and about, see people I haven't seen in ages, see the small businesses flourishing, gorge myself on carnival food that I know is terrible for me. Our friends band even got to play the festival (R B C T) It was a great time.

Finally got the chance to play around with my new Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch drawing tablet this past week too! Believe me, as a fine artist, I was apprehensive about purchasing one of these. A fellow artist friend recommended I get one, especially since I have been trying to pick up more freelance work on the side. This is new territory for me, but I am excited to see how I can create new images digitally that still look like my artwork.  I know you're probably thinking (well, duh!) but a lot of my artwork is about the texture of the paper and the slight relief of collage... I like the tactile nature of art making.  However, I must say, I absolutely love this new tablet!  It's so fast, and actually mimics my drawing perfectly. Here are my first attempts:


Woman in Mohair Sweater


Man in Triangle Sweater


Girl in Lace Collar Sweater 

 I'm really enjoying just playing around on it. I don't know why I chose a sweater theme. I suppose Fall is on the horizon so I am dreaming of cozy sweaters. Well, I hope everyone enjoys their Monday off. I love the feeling in the air on holidays, you can almost feel a sense of calm in the air, people are relaxed. I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment