Tuesday, October 29, 2013

beets + beats







A big thank you to everyone who came out to the Beets + Beats pop up gallery show this past weekend, and to Brett & Kate Whitacre for organizing the show. It was sort of surreal being part of something like this happening in my hometown. When I was twelve, we moved from the suburbs out to this rural town, and I remember thinking that I was so far away from everything.  Mind you this was way back when, and there wasn't even a bookstore. But now, its nice to see things like this happening, exposing people in the community to something maybe they would normally never see. I even ran into some people I haven't seen in years and years. Its funny how we all travel down different paths. I just saw an article posted online by an artist friend of mine, a quote from it stated "Maybe success should be measured by how well one fearlessly follows their heart." I like that.

I am super jazzed, I leave for South Carolina in two days! I cannot wait to explore Charleston, breathe in the sea, and celebrate with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment