Tuesday, September 18, 2012

B is for beet. and for all sorts of wonderful other b-words like blessing, bacon, bicycle, brave, bowie (yes, as in david bowie), brainwave, buzz, breathe...etc. Any who, this is one of the first illustrations for a new series I am working on for my etsy shop. It will be posted soon, once i work out some kinks i am now just noticing. I have decided the embrace the separation between my fine art and my more commercial artwork. I enjoy both and do both for different purposes. They can walk down the same path together, maybe even holding hands? In the past I am not quite sure why I had it in my head that I had to choose one way to go with what I make. Perhaps to show consistency in your focus with an idea, to sell yourself better, or so you are taught. I'll be the first to admit that I lack focus. Well, not exactly. I can focus while working, see my project to its end, but my idea's are all over the place.  One minute I want to make myself a dress the next I'm dreaming about decorating cupcakes. A sprinkle of A.D.D. perhaps? Whats that saying...Jill of all trades, master of none? I am alright with that. With how fast the world is moving, how can one help, but not be visually stimulated by a variety of aesthetics? I might as well take it all in and just see what pops out the other end.

As for the beet, I deal with them often at the farm. I think they are one of the cutest vegetables out there. I particularly love golden beets... beet juice is actually great for painting with or using as a natural dye (we dyed easter eggs with them last year, along with using turmeric and blueberry juice) gorgeous!
Here is a great Fall recipe, Beets Au Gratin  Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment