Tuesday, September 11, 2012

migration


Had a productive day in the studio yesterday. Did this piece start to finish. Got a nice package in the mail from friend and artist Mike McGovern that was very inspiring. Fall is creeping in everywhere, which I don't mind at all because I do love Fall.  But there is also this lingering sadness as things begin to die and the birds will be migrating soon.  The glare is a little bad on this picture due to the clear tar gel glaze.  I've put it on my to do list soon to get any and all new works in the past year professionally photographed.  Or perhaps it is time I treat myself to a nice, new camera, eh?  I'm lost when it comes to choosing camera's. Some people have been telling me that stand alone camera's will be obsolete soon due to the quality of camera's on peoples smart phones.  Well, I don't have a smart phone. I'm starting to feel like one of the last people on this continent that don't have one. I've been resisting this technology. I don't want to be so plugged in all the time. I guess sometimes you just have to say goodbye to what is, and just embrace what's coming. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment